Major Accidents Ordinance
Publication pursuant to Article 8a and Annex V "Information to the Public" of the Major Accidents Ordinance (12. BImSchV)
Part 1: Information on lower and upper-tier establishments
1. name or company name of the operator and complete address of the operating area
Operator: Zwiesel Kristallglas AG
Zwiesel Kristallglas AG
Tel.: + 49 (0) 9922/98-0
Fax: +49 (0) 9922/98-399
e-Mail: [email protected]
2. confirmation of the operating range
The glass production area is subject to the Major Accidents Ordinance and corresponds to an operation of the lower class (former linguistic usage: basic obligations of the Major Accidents Ordinance). The operating area was submitted to the:
Government of Lower Bavaria
Department 50, Technical Environmental Protection
3. comprehensible explanation of the activities in the business area
The company produces glass for industry, gastronomy and the private sector. The activities include the melting of mixtures of raw materials required for glass production, manufacturing and shaping, packaging and storage of glass and the storage of raw materials required for glass production. The melting capacity is 140 tonnes per day.
4. designation or hazard classification of the relevant hazardous substances present, and their essential hazard characteristics.
5. general information on how to warn the affected population if necessary; appropriate information on what to do in the event of an incident or indication of where this information can be accessed electronically.
The plant has a plant fire brigade which goes out in the event of incidents or alarms and takes the necessary measures. If an incident cannot be controlled by the plant fire brigade alone, the volunteer fire brigade and the police are notified via the control centre. They will inform the public and recommend behavioural measures in case of effects beyond the plant.
6. date of the last on-site inspection (inspection by the authorities) or indication of where this information can be accessed electronically.
The last on-site visit (regulatory inspection) was carried out by the competent authority on 13/07/2020.
7. details of where further information may be obtained, taking into account Article 4 of Directive 2003/4/EC.
Furthermore, information can be obtained from the Government of Lower Bavaria.