Handling & Care
Glass Care: Keeping your glasses brilliant with perfect cleaning
Though our glasses are manufactured with passion and in accordance with highest industry standards, it should be emphasized that each product is made of glass which, in itself, is a brittle material which, if not handled properly, may break or crack. We, therefore, kindly ask and encourage you to carefully read the below guideline on care and cleaning of your glasses to ensure a long lasting and unmistakable product experience:
- Check filter inserts, nozzles and spray arms for cleanliness.
- Keep all food residue out of the dishwasher.
- Use a larger detergent dose for dried-up food residue.
- Apply softening, partial or full desalination agents depending on water quality.
- Open the dishwasher promptly after the rinse cycle to allow steam to escape.
- Use dish towels made of lint-free material. Pure linen or microfiber are best.
- Never use your polishing cloth for other purposes to avoid odour and grease residue.
- Launder dish towels without adding starch and fabric softener as a general rule.
- Try our company’s special polishing cloths for perfect cleaning – we will be pleased to provide further information.
- Avoid leaving fingerprints when taking glasses out of the dishwasher.
- Lift glasses by their stem or foot when removing them.
- Polish the bowl and foot of thin-walled and handmade glasses separately to avoid breakage.
- Never hold the glass by the base plate when cleaning the bowl. The pressure may lead to breaking the stem.
- Hands must be absolutely clean. Keep paper towels near the dishwasher to encourage hand washing and drying.
- Never breathe on glasses or spray them with cleaning agents. Lightly moisten them with water vapour instead.
- Visually inspect your polishing results by carefully holding the glass up to light.
- The brilliant clarity of crystal glasses brings out the best of a wine‘s colour.